Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to any persons who will be receiving lodging and travel services provided by Toojou. By making a reservation, all guests agree to comply with these conditions.
1. GLOSSARY"Reservation(s)" refers to a booking with Toojou, whether for lodging or other services provided by Toojou.
“Reservation Details” means the details provided by guests to facilitate the reservation or other services provided by Toojou.
“Fees” refers to the charges made payable to the guests for Reservation(s) with Toojou.
“Guests” refers to the persons named in the Reservation, those who stay with Toojou throughout the duration of the Reservation, or any persons who will be receiving services from Toojou.
"Arrival Date" refers to the start date of the guests’ stay at the hostel, as stated in the Reservation Details.
“Toojou” refers to Toojou Hostel or such other company in the same group of companies as Toojou. “Hostel” refers to lodging services provided by Toojou.
- Guests can make reservation for Toojou’s services via Toojou’s website, OTAs, or by directly contacting Toojou’s staff at the Hostel.
- Toojou will attempt to put all guests of the same Reservation in the same shared room, or studio rooms on the same floor, subject to availability.
- It is required for all guests to provide identification information including, but not limited to, their name, address, contact number and email address to complete a Reservation with Toojou.
- A Reservation is only considered to be complete when a confirmation reference number is issued by Toojou or our third party partners.
- Any requests to modify the dates, duration of stay, or to add products and/or services is not guaranteed and subject to availability. Rates will be adjusted according to the demand of present day. 2.6 The prices for the stay do not include any food or drink. Toojou is not under any obligation to provide meals for guests. Outside food and beverages are not allowed in Tamu Bar or the on site Cafe.
- Unless stated otherwise by Toojou, the price quoted to guests during Reservation only cover accommodation at the Hostel and the guests may incur additional fees including, without limitation, fees for other listed services provided by Toojou.
- Toojou reserves the right to change prices without prior notice.
- Toojou reserves the right to pre-authorize credit cards without any written or verbal approval from the guests.
- There may be an additional charge to amend reservations including changing number of the booked rooms, and duration of stay.
- It is necessary to provide a valid Debit or Credit Card details to complete any Reservations with Toojou. If guests choose to pay in person, all reservation fees must be paid upon arrival before check in.
- Guests may have to provide a deposit during check in which will be returned after check out; provided no damages or loss, whether directly or indirectly caused by guests are detected during check out.
- The following payment methods are accepted by Toojou:
- Credit and Debit cards (Visa and Mastercard)
- Alipay, Unionpay, FPX, WePay
- Cash when paying at the property
4. CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT
- The check in time at Toojou hostel is from 1500 hours onwards. Early check in is subject to availability and a prior arrangement is made with Toojou.
- Check out time is 1300 hours and a late fee will incur if all guests of the Reservation are not checked out by 1200. Late check out can be arranged with the hostel for an additional fee.
- Reservations can be cancelled without charge if notice is given to Toojou at least 72 hours prior to 1500 hours (local time) on the arrival date. Any online refunds will take 7-14 working days to complete.
- Cancellation notice of less than 72 hours or a no show on the arrival date without prior information will incur a charge equivalent of a one night stay.
- Reservations can be cancelled or modified by Toojou without prior notice if due to circumstances outside Toojou’s control. In this case affected guests will receive a full refund of any paid fees.
- If the provided payment details by the guests are incorrect, Toojou reserves the right to cancel the Reservation.
6. RESPONSIBILITY AND BEHAVIOUR
- During check in, all guests are required to present a valid photo identification in the form of an Identity Card or Passport. Failure to do so may result in the removal of the guest from the property or cancellation of the Reservation.
- All guests are to conduct themselves in a civilized manner and under no circumstances display aggressive behaviors towards other guests or staff members. Guests are liable for damages caused by their negligence and are subjected to reparation costs or any fees deemed reasonable by Toojou. This may result in the termination of the Reservation as well as the removal of the guest from the property.
- Smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking areas and any persons who fail to comply will be fined a fee of an amount deemed reasonable by Toojou.
- No animals are allowed on the premise.
- Reservations made by any persons below the age of 18 will not be accepted. Guests below the age of 18 will not be allowed in the shared rooms and only permitted to stay in the studio rooms when accompanied by an adult over 18 years. Guest who fail to adhere to this rule will face an automatic cancellation of their reservation without refund given.
7. DATA COLLECTED
- Toojou’s use of guests’ data follows the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA).
- All guests staying with Toojou automatically consents to the collecting of personal data such as name, surname, email address, identity number, address, contact information and details of the bank account.
- The collected data is used for the purpose of research and brand development to improve our services. Toojou reserves the right to share the collected data with its partners for promotional campaigns.
- Your personal information will be disclosed to Malaysian authorities when it is required by law or official order.
8. GUESTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
- Guests with any disability and require special care should inform Toojou prior to arriving.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Toojou will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by guests during their stay, including, but not limited to, loss of income, loss of business, loss of profits, loss of opportunity, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data or loss of enjoyment.
- Toojou will not be liable for cancelled reservations or failure to fulfill its service due to reasons beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to an act of God, government intervention, explosion, fire, flood, riot, war, civil disturbance, revolution, or embargoes.
- Toojou will not be liable for death or personal injuries sustained by guests on the premise, or any unforeseeable losses (personal losses or trade losses).
- In the case that Toojou is unable to fulfill its service as agreed due to reasons not included in 9.1, 9.2, and 9.3, guests can claim up to RM500, only if after a thorough review that proves that the failure to provide service is not the fault of the guests.